The Academy is a consortium of talented and motivated undergraduate women, faculty, professionals, organizations, and institutions linked by a common purpose: to encourage and inspire more women in the Americas to advance to higher levels of education and influence in the science, technology, engineering, math, and architecture (STEM+A) fields. Women in the Americas have valuable perspectives to contribute to these disciplines, and this program strives to develop the talents and leadership skills of undergraduate women for their long-term success, advance research across the continent, and ignite transformative social change. Additionally, The Academy places value on the unique experiences and perspectives of indigenous women by providing an inclusive and culturally sensitive university environment.
The Academy is a first-of-its-kind international platform and includes participants from throughout the Americas. We invite you to get involved as a faculty, professional, or organization to share your knowledge, inspire young talent, and be a part of this important movement.
This fulfilling and worthwhile experience is an opportunity to:
- expand your global network
- gain exposure to interdisciplinary global perspectives
- work with top faculty and professionals
- enhance your competitiveness through intensive research skill development
- engage in meaningful problem solving through hands-on experience
- enhance your leadership skills